The Jack Rackham flag, a famous Jolly Roger
You’ve probably seen the Jack Rackham pirate flag before ! He is depicted with two crossed swords under a scary skull on a black flag. His popularity even led to him being taken over by the wisecracking Pirates of the Caribbean, he inspired the flag of the ship Black Pearl. This unusual pirate is also the origin of the fictional character Rackham the Red, well known to fans of Tintins.
Jack Rackham, a fascinating pirate
John “Jack” Rackham (1682 – 1720), better known as Calico Jack, scoured the Caribbean seas with two of the most famous female pirates in piracy, Anne Bonny (his wife) and Mary Read. Their adventures full of cunning, fighting and dangerous love affairs are not unlike the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
The most famous anecdote about his legend is that he attacked a French ship against the consent of its captain, Charles Vanes, and this success made him the new captain of the crew. Boldness and determination characterize him.
If you too are a rebel and don’t like being ordered around, get the Calico Jack Rackham Flag.
Details of Calico Jack Flag
- Jolly Roger flag adapted for outside (boat, mat) or wall decoration
- Printing : HD silk-screening for rich and brilliant colors giving an exceptional rendering
- Solid seams resistant to wind and rain
- White reinforcing strip on left side for hanging or hoisting the flag
- 2 x Heavy duty metal grommets (brass)
- Composition: 100% Polyester material, light and resistant, allowing to fly easily and proudly in the wind
- Dimensions: 2×3 ft (60×90 cm) or 3×5 ft (90×150 cm)
- Washable at low temperature