The surprising Thomas Tew Flag
Thomas Tew known as the Rhode Island Pirate was a 17ᵉ century English privateer who became a famous pirate. During two pirate cruises in 1692 and 1694, Thomas Tew surveyed the sea with his known pirate ship and feared by enemy ships.
This great pirate lost his life in bloody fashion by a cannon shot that allegedly disemboweled him during a confrontation with the Great Mogul’s ship. Despite his tragic end, he was an inspiration to many other buccaneers like William Kidd and Henry Every, two other legendary pirates.
His black standard depicting a white arm and sword symbolized strength. The meaning of his pirate flag known to all was “We are ready to kill you,” translated as we are ready to kill you. A true message of intimidation hoisted before a boarding.
Details of Thomas Tew Pirate Flag
- Jolly Roger flag adapted for outside (boat, mat) or wall decoration
- Printing : HD silk-screening for rich and brilliant colors giving an exceptional rendering
- Solid seams resistant to wind and rain
- White reinforcing strip on left side for hanging or hoisting the flag
- 2 x Heavy duty metal grommets (brass)
- Composition: 100% Polyester material, light and resistant, allowing to fly easily and proudly in the wind
- Dimensions: 2×3 ft (60×90 cm) or 3×5 ft (90×150 cm)
- Washable at low temperature