The story behind Christopher Moody Jolly Roger
Before he became Captain Christopher Moody, he was reportedly a deckhand in the crew of the great Bartholomew Roberts only to sail his own pirate ship.
His real pirate flag broke the codes of traditional piracy. No white emblems on a black background like the Jolly Roger but a gold, black and white flag on a red background. The flag symbolized the color of blood and its murderous intentions, no quarter given or negotiations possible. It is beautifully displayed with a gold apron with black wings, signifying to the enemies that the time left to live is rapidly fleeing. Then a white arm with a knife comes to the center of the flag, to symbolize strength and finally comes a gold death’s head to indicate the outcome of the battle to other ships.
Details of Christopher Moody Flag
- Jolly Roger flag adapted for outside (boat, mat) or wall decoration
- Printing : HD silk-screening for rich and brilliant colors giving an exceptional rendering
- Solid seams resistant to wind and rain
- White reinforcing strip on left side for hanging or hoisting the flag
- 2 x Heavy duty metal grommets (brass)
- Composition: 100% Polyester material, light and resistant, allowing to fly easily and proudly in the wind
- Dimensions: 2×3 ft (60×90 cm) or 3×5 ft (90×150 cm)
- Washable at low temperature