The story behind the Henry Every Pirate Flag, piracy’s richest pirate
Known for the immense booty he plundered, Henry Avery aka Henry Every was a pirate who marked the beginning of piracy. Initially a freebooter for the English, Avery rebelled with 85 sailors after a delay in payment to become a pirate, captain of the Fancy.
Every was notably known for the capture of the Grand Mogul, a ship that carried an immense amount of gold and jewels equivalent to 105 million euros of our time. This capture made Henry Avery the richest pirate in history.
The Henry Avery flag features a skull and crossbones in profile with a bandana and earring, below two X-shaped crossbones. Pay homage to this brigand who became rich through his booty, by proudly displaying his pirate flag in your home.
Details of Henry Avery Flag
- Jolly Roger flag adapted for outside (boat, mat) or wall decoration
- Printing : HD silk-screening for rich and brilliant colors giving an exceptional rendering
- Solid seams resistant to wind and rain
- White reinforcing strip on left side for hanging or hoisting the flag
- 2 x Heavy duty metal grommets (brass)
- Composition: 100% Polyester material, light and resistant, allowing to fly easily and proudly in the wind
- Dimensions: 2×3 ft (60×90 cm) or 3×5 ft (90×150 cm)
- Washable at low temperature