The story behind Jean Thomas Dulaien Flag
His story begins with a departure to the Caribbean aboard a privateer ship with a French and Spanish crew. A mutiny by the French sailors broke out, slaughtering the rest of the Spanish crew and naming as captain Jean Thomas Dulaien. From that day on, Dulaien and his sailors became pirates, renaming their ship the Pruthless and instituting a piratical code to be followed within the ship. Thus began the pirate stories of this famous French buccaneer.
His French pirate flag being described as a black cloth with a man holding an hourglass and a sword, as well as a skull and his bones crossed. This pirate flag symbolizes a ruthless pirate, giving his enemies a few minutes to surrender represented by the hourglass, otherwise there will be no mercy and no survivors.
Namely, this pirate flag to also often been attributed to the pirate Walter Kennedy, who would have had a similar flag.
Details of Original Pirate Flag
- Jolly Roger flag adapted for outside (boat, mat) or wall decoration
- Printing : HD silk-screening for rich and brilliant colors giving an exceptional rendering
- Solid seams resistant to wind and rain
- White reinforcing strip on left side for hanging or hoisting the flag
- 2 x Heavy duty metal grommets (brass)
- Composition: 100% Polyester material, light and resistant, allowing to fly easily and proudly in the wind
- Dimensions: 2×3 ft (60×90 cm) or 3×5 ft (90×150 cm)
- Washable at low temperature
There are no reviews yet.